From Our Vantage Point
78. Truth and Reconciliation in the Workplace
Joining us to discuss Truth and Reconciliation in the Workplace with Roy Pogorzelski and Carol Robinson from Harbour West Consulting. In this episode our guests bring diverse perspective to the conversation, from Roy’s lived experience as an Indigenous leader and educator, to their breadth of joint HR and leadership work across sectors in positive and impactful approaches to integrating truth and reconciliation in the workplace. With authenticity and openness, Roy and Carol invite Vantage Point’s listeners to learn, reflect, and be inspired by strategies to activate the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action in the hearts, minds, and behaviours of ourselves, our teams, and our workplaces.
- Warrior Life Podcast
- Squeaky Wheel Podcast
- Bryce, P.H. (1922). The Story of a National Crime. James Hope & Sons Ltd, Ottawa.
- The Gift Of Sacred Being. In L.B. Brown, "Two Spirit People: American Indian Lesbian Women And Gay Men by: D. Champagne
- Daschuk, James. (2013). Clearing the Plains: Disease, Politics or Starvation, and the Loss of Aboriginal life. University of Regina Press, Regina.
- Geddes, Gary (2007). Medicine Unbundled. Heritage House, Victoria.
- Joseph, Bob. (2018). 21 Things you May not Know about the Indian Act. Indigenous Relations Press, British Columbia.
- Manuel, Arthur & Derrickson, Ronald. (2017). The Reconciliation Manifesto: Recovering the Land, Rebuilding the Economy. James Lorimer and Company Ltd, Toronto.
- Palmater, Pamela. (2015). Indigenous Nationhood: Empowering Grassroots Citizens. Fernwood Publishing, Nova Scotia.
- Reynolds, Jim. (2018). Aboriginal Peoples and the Law. Purich Publishers, UBC Press, Vancouver.
- Teillet, Jean. (2019). The Northwest is our Mother: The Story of Louis Riel’s People, The Metis Nation: HarperCollins Publisher’s Limited, Toronto.
- Out Saskatoon, Two Spirit
- Missing and murdered indigenous womens report